Systems Administrator Associate
Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help social impact organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact globally. We’re a self-motivated, creative group that encourages all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise and certified B Corporation, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
The Systems Admin Associate will be part of a growing Operations team, and will collaborate with departments across the organization. The Systems Admin Associate will play a critical role in working with the System admin Manager to oversee and improve all of Vera’s systems. As the Systems Admin Associate, you will be responsible for administration of different internal tools and perform user management (setting up user accounts, creating profiles, and providing access across various technologie platforms). You will also have the opportunity to investigate and troubleshoot issues/bugs, and apply solutions.
We’re looking for someone who demonstrates excellent data management skills, strong attention to detail, communication, troubleshooting skills, strategic problem-solving capabilities, and time management skills. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology, learning, and a desire to help grow an organization. We want someone with a demonstrated ability to coordinate competing priorities with finesse, professionalism, and enthusiasm.
- Work with System Admin Manager to oversee and improve all of Vera’s systems
- User management: setting up user accounts, creating profiles, and providing access across various technology platforms (Salesforce, Jira, Gmail MS Suite, Zoom, etc.) and ways to manage them
- Manage sharing of data of various tools and its features to different users based on business needs
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues/bugs and apply solutions
- Provide assistance to internal users with day-to-day use of Vera’s technology systems (Salesforce, Jira, Gmail, etc.)
- Do custom object development by creating custom fields, page layouts, and record types
- Design and implement custom automation like validation rules, process flows, workflow rules etc.
- Participate in creating and implementing test suites and performing different types of testing
- Collaborate with the team for release management tasks
- Collaborate with the team for integration of the system with other third party tools
- Manage and improve data quality, system integrity, and security by performing regular audits and clean up tasks
- Create and maintain internal knowledge articles ie Admin Guides, User Guides etc
- Proactively identify process or system improvements for various Vera’s systems
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant degree in Computer Engineering/Com. Science/BSc. I.T.
- Experience as a Systems Administrator or similar role, preferably in the technology or IT space
- Strong aptitude for using technology and data
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and perform multiple tasks effectively
- Ability and comfort working independently and in a dynamic team-based environment
- Comfort working with teams across time zones
- A detail-oriented focus
- Excellent written/verbal communication (English)
- Phenomenal work ethic, including time management
- Passion for technology, learning, and a desire to help grow an organization
- Curiosity and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with large data to perform Data Analysis using Excel, Text Editor and other tools
- Demonstrated interest in social service work or international development
- Experience using the Salesforce.com platform
- Experience with JIRA
- Relevant Salesforce certifications (Salesforce Admin)
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.