Business Development Manager
- Drive new business by:
- Managing the entire sales process to ensure delivery against key performance metrics for both Vera products and services
- Working and collaborating with a virtual internal team to help close sales opportunities – including Consulting, Service Delivery, Architecture, Product, Executives, Partners, Solution Engineers, Marketing, etc.
- Leveraging relationship-building skills to build meaningful business relationships with a variety of C-level stakeholders across multiple business areas as well as other key influencers in the sales process
- Creating client demos/presentations and quotes/proposals
- Engaging prospects in product demos, in-person meetings, and calls
- Educating and networking with key prospects and customer contacts
- Utilizing solution-selling techniques to guide the sales process to close effectively
- Developing and executing lead generation strategies to attract new clients and opportunities
- Drive successful and sustainable account growth by:
- Developing healthy customer relationships by building loyalty, trust, and transparency with Vera’s clients
- Delivering exceptional customer service at all times
- Learning (and contributing to) the product roadmap to understand and be able to explain current functionality and future offerings
- Keeping informed of product lines, industry trends, changes, and competitor actions that may impact client business activities
- Qualifying and understanding customers’ business critical issues and having value-led sales conversations to articulate the impact that Vera can have on their organization
- Understanding client needs and collaborating with internal teams to tailor solutions that address specific business challenges
- Defining and executing your account plans – identifying, managing, and closing opportunities within these accounts to further expand our footprint Support
- Support global sales and business development processes by:
- Working strategically with the broader sales team to deliver forecasts, identify trending opportunities/challenges, and provide recommended solutions
- Supporting the team with the development and implementation of comprehensive business development strategies aligned with the company’s overarching goals and objectives
- Helping the team continuously improve and optimize our process, training, use of technology, and other applicable aspects of our business to deliver value for NGO and multilateral clients
- Utilizing Salesforce CRM to provide timely and accurate sales activity tracking and status updates
- Conducting in-depth market research to identify emerging trends, market gaps, and potential growth areas within the Salesforce ecosystem
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of professional experience, ideally in B2B SaaS sales and/or nonprofit resource mobilization
- 2+ years of experience positioning and selling and/or implementing complex technology and/or software solutions in a SaaS company
- BA/BS or other undergraduate degree
- A natural relationship builder who can work effectively across different subject areas, time zones, and cultures and thrives within a matrix organization
- Proven ability to cultivate a consistent pipeline and meet quarterly quotas by managing sales opportunities that vary from basic projects to complex RFP responses
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise accounts
- Passion for software-as-a-service / platform-as-a-service
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Excellent time-management skills with the discipline to handle multiple tasks and adapt quickly to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills; ability to lead technical conversations
- Self-starter who is willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; disciplined and resourceful
- Spirit of collaboration, knowing that selling is a team sport, and partnering with virtual teams to ensure success
- Demonstrated excellence in presentation skills with the ability to build relevant, strategic messaging
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, decisive, and result oriented
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team
- Demonstrated adaptability; commitment to learning and growth
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- Experience with Salesforce and a variety of 3rd party applications, either as an end-user or as an admin
- Graduate degree in business or other related technical, analytical, or financial subjects
- Relevant digital transformation experience in the nonprofit sector
- Experience working in a social impact organization
- Fluency/proficiency in additional language(s)
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.