Business Development Representative
Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for helping grow Vera’s product and consulting business by proactively driving lead generation activities and sales. The BDR will help identify potential clients; assist with the preparation of demos, presentations, and sales meetings; maintain accurate records on the status of opportunities; manage inbound leads, and successfully collaborate with the Business Development, Product, and Consulting team for driving sales. Though the primary responsibilities include client relationship management, opportunity identification and development, and data management, the BDR will be flexible in conducting activities that contribute to the fulfillment of a dynamic business strategy with clients of various regions, sizes, and areas of work.
Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent attention to detail, communication and customer service skills, problem-solving capabilities, and eagerness to learn. They will have a demonstrated ability to handle accounts and opportunities with finesse, professionalism, and enthusiasm.
- Proactively sourcing new leads in alignment with Vera’s 2023 strategy by conducting research and outbound prospecting
- Receiving inbound leads, following up with a first call, and collaborating with the relevant channels as appropriate
- Managing leads and opportunities through the sales pipeline, identifying internal resources needed to strengthen opportunities
- Supporting the Marketing team in developing email campaigns, content, presentations, and other sales collateral, and in distributing sales collateral to potential clients
- Conducting market research in both the Consulting and Product spaces
- Engaging prospects in product demos, in person meetings, and calls
- Nurturing top-of-funnel leads through content and ongoing touchpoints
- Educating and networking with key prospect and customer contacts
- Collaborating with channel partners (Salesforce.org), industry partners (NetHope, ANDE, AVPN, etc.), and technology partners to grow Vera’s footprint
- Managing a subset of opportunities through the sales pipeline, both for services and product
- Working and collaborating with a virtual internal team to help close sales opportunities – including Professional Services, Executives, Partners, Solution Engineers, etc.
- Keeping up-to-date records on leads and account contacts in internal Salesforce system
- Preparing regular reports on sales leads, opportunities, etc.; analyze sales and growth trends
- Aligning with and supporting the Marketing team to enhance content in alignment with our SQL criteria
- Helping the team continuously improve and optimize our process, training, use of technology, and other applicable aspects of our business
Qualifications and Experience
- 2-4 years professional experience, ideally in a business development, fundraising, or sales account representative role
- BA/BS or other undergraduate degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Self-starter with highly developed interpersonal skills, decisive, and result oriented
- Top-notch customer service skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to balance conflicting priorities effectively
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team
- Comfort working with teams across time zones
- Demonstrated adaptability; commitment to learning and growth
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
- The right to work in South Africa
- Passion for software-as-a-service / platform-as-a-service
- Graduate degree in business or other related technical, analytical, or financial subjects
- Experience working in a social impact organization
- Experience deriving business insights from market research, internal data, and other sources
- Experience working with the Salesforce.com platform
- Fluency/proficiency in additional language(s)
Compensation & Benefits
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), commensurate with experience and cost of living.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.