- Write top quality code that provides the best solution for our clients
- Write well-tested and easily maintainable code
- Code Reviews
- Follow and contribute to internal best practices
- Work closely with Vera’s consultants to design, develop, test, and implement best-in-class Salesforce platform-based applications for a range of social service organizations worldwide
- Interpret functional specifications and designs provided by consulting staff; ask questions in order to deeply understand the client’s needs and ensure that the consultant has adequately thought through the process and its implications for the overall system
- Provide accurate estimates for work that allow the code to be written to our high standards, but are affordable for our clients
- Learn new skills
Qualification and Experience
- Relevant degree in Computer Engineering/Com. Science/BSc. I.T.
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience as a salesforce programmer
- Foundations in the following:
- Server-side/back-end: Java/Apex
- REST/SOAP based web-services, Web-hooks
- Systems development life cycle management: Agile/Scrum/Waterfall
- Strong understanding of OOP concepts
- Demonstrated success with non-programming aspects of development, such as working in a team, self-management and proactive communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Excellent organizational skills and a passion for fine details
- Diligent work ethic and proven ability to work with drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
- Insatiable desire to improve skills and knowledge of self and others
- Fluent English language skills
- Experience with the Salesforce Lightning platform
- Experience developing or managing mobile applications (Android/iOS)
- Interest in social service work or international development
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.