Human Resource Manager
Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
The Human Resources Manager (HRM) will support the growth of our dynamic, international team. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining company HR policies, and compliance with local laws in the USA. You will keep employee records, and coordinate with the Finance and Operations team on payroll, hiring, and benefits administration. You will support our managers around the company with resources, processes, and templates. You will also oversee the onboarding and offboarding process. You will communicate with diverse audiences, and should be energized by protecting and developing our collaborative, mission-driven culture. You will be the point of contact for our staff on human resource inquiries, responding to questions, explaining company policies, and problem solving.
We’re looking for someone who demonstrates excellent attention to detail, communication, and time management skills and strong HR experience. We want someone with a demonstrated ability to coordinate competing priorities across time zones with finesse, professionalism, and enthusiasm.
- Manage HR compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations; modify policies and practices to maintain compliance (in all municipalities in which Vera operates in the USA)
- Gathers facts, information, and data to inform HR policy and develop solutions
- Plan, lead, develop, coordinate, and implement policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy
- Coordinate with the Operations team to implement the semi-annual performance management process in the company
- Foster positive employee relations, and work to bridge the management and employee relations by addressing feedback, demands, grievances or other issues
- Effectively advises frontline managers and other stakeholders on HR issues, inquiries, or opportunities
- Coordinate with the Finance team to manage payroll needs and benefits administration
- Oversee onboarding, including organizing employee orientation, conducting new hire trainings, and ensuring all necessary paperwork is properly filled out and submitted to appropriate persons
- Oversee offboarding, including conducting exit interviews
- Monitor global and local trends in human resources, progressive company practices, benefits, etc.
- Support the development and effective facilitation of HR training materials for employees or new hires
- Join the Operations team on special projects
Qualifications and Experience
- 5-8+ years of HR experience
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies and systems
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Experience with Google Drive/Docs
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of US federal and state-level employment-related laws and regulations
- Outcome-oriented – you can drive complex project to completion
- Happy taking initiative and working independently
- Professional integrity and sense of responsibility and accountability
- Ability to work with people across time zones
- Demonstrated willingness to develop and grow in understanding of global and cultural effectiveness
- HR experience and expertise within an international company
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience using Excel
- Working knowledge of data collection and analysis concepts
- Relevant post-graduate degree(s) or professional certifications
Compensation & Benefits
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), commensurate with experience and cost of living.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.