Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
The Operations Intern will support the Operations and HR functions. You’ll support internal communications, help coordinate leadership/committee meetings and events, document procedures within the operations team and across Vera, and work hand in hand with the senior operations staff on special projects, including researching trends across the industry. Your focus will change from week to week and month to month but your time will always be focused on making Vera a stronger company and an even better place to work.
As an Operations Intern, you’ll gain valuable first-hand experience in the operations of a growing social enterprise, working closely with leaders of the company to enable it to scale sustainably. You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to reports and/or presentations that are designed to develop professional and organizational skills.
You will join a team of passionate individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group, and we emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism. Vera is a young, rapidly growing company; we encourage all team members to push their own boundaries and drive the company in new directions.
- Completing administrative tasks such as coordinating all-team communications, owning meeting agendas and notes, organizing online files and folders, scheduling meetings
- Supporting Operations with special projects and leadership initiatives – e.g. planning events, trainings, workshops; supporting with preparing reports and presentations; running team recognition awards and other staff engagement activities
- Coordinating projects – e.g. preparing quarterly internal newsletter with inputs from various internal stakeholders, running staff engagement survey
- Documenting processes and standard operating procedures
- Updating our knowledge management system with up-to-date resources, including process guidelines and other “how-to” resources
- Providing general support to the Operations team, including support in researching best practices for various organizational processes (e.g. optimizing Vera’s use of internal tech systems)
- Data entry / data cleaning
Qualifications and Experience
- Confidence with Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Drive)
- Bachelor’s/university degree or working towards one
- Previous internship or related experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication (English)
- Phenomenal work ethic, including time management
- Curiosity and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work remotely or in a hybrid environment (if you’re based in a Vera hub city)
- Ability to drive projects to completion independently
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines
- Dependability, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated interest in social sector or related fields
- Experience with documenting processes and/or process improvement
- Mailchimp, Canva or other visual design/formatting experience
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.