Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise and certified B Corporation, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
As a Product Associate, you’ll be a key member of a growing team during an exciting time of ideation and innovation. The ideal candidate is a hands-on generalist with sharp product sense and an entrepreneurial mindset. They will be involved throughout the product life cycle: conducting market research, gathering requirements, researching user stories, designing new features, maintaining product quality, supporting go-to-market strategy and providing training and technical assistance. This is a high growth opportunity to make a direct, tangible impact on PROMISE3’s trajectory to transform the holistic learning environment in 1,000 schools across 10 countries.
- Manage backlog of tasks on Jira and collaborate with development team to remove impediments
- Interact with clients and conduct user research, document user stories, and translate them into actionable product features
- Monitor and report on product adoption and user feedback throughout product lifecycle
- Research, design, and spec out features and user experiences that are engaging and useful for PROMISE3 teachers, school administrators, and government officials
- Support launch of new features, identify opportunities, and execute on product strategy
- Participate in SCRUM events including sprint planning, standup, and retrospectives
- Support training of master cohort of trainers, who are representatives of 10 country teams, on the core functionality and benefits of PROMISE3
- Provide technical support to national country teams on new PROMISE3 features and bug fixes through enablement and training
- Assist in product marketing efforts to maintain up-to-date Google Play Store presence, design training decks, and draft product documents
- Support in delivering go-to-market strategy
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in building, designing, or marketing mobile applications
- Experience in software development or mobile app creation
- Curiosity and problem solving skills—do problems slow you down or drive you to seek solutions?
- Ability to work remotely
- Able to demonstrate a high level of trust and self discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and perform multiple tasks effectively
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence
- Entrepreneurial drive with appreciation of user experience (UX)
- Interest in social service work or international development
- Proven experience of working effectively with different teams across multiple geographies
- Product company experience
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.