Project Managers lead Vera’s project consulting teams to design and configure operations/program monitoring, management, and evaluation systems for social impact organizations. They manage client relationships and project delivery according to quality standards and are involved throughout the entirety of a project’s life cycle — gathering requirements, solution design, building and testing cloud-based data systems, providing training to system users, and supporting system implementation and rollout. Within the consulting team, Project Managers develop and implement clear project plans, budgets, timelines, and development strategies for client engagements.
You’ll join as part of the 2023-24 Fellowship cohort, providing you with a robust onboarding and training programme and a support network to ensure accelerated growth. As a Fellow, you will spend the first few months learning Salesforce and throughout the year, benefit from ongoing learning opportunities, leadership development, and mentorship from leaders within Vera. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to research new technologies, support various internal projects and build relationships with our clients.
- Manage projects and oversee project teams
- Consult directly with clients; develop relationships and regularly communicate with active and prospective clients
- Within the consulting team: develop and implement clear project plans, budgets, timelines, and development strategies for client engagements, oversee Vera’s project teams to ensure high-quality delivery on-time and on-budget
- Lead internal and external project planning and kickoff meetings; facilitate regular project team meetings with Vera and client stakeholders.
- Manage resources within and between project teams to utilization and hours targets.
- Contribute to business development including responding to RFPs, facilitating sales conversations, and scoping new projects
- Contribute to Vera’s learning environment; manage, train, and coach junior staff
- Remain informed on new technologies, methodologies, and tools relevant to nonprofits and NGOs
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree — what you studied isn’t critical; what you’re passionate about is
- 4+ years professional experience
- IT Project management or consulting experience and aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute on project work plans, including effective management of budget and timelines
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and time management
- Analytical and problem solving skills — do problems slow you down or drive you to seek solutions?
- Strong aptitude for using technology and data
- Demonstrated interest in social sector work
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Experience or interest working in a small, dynamic team
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Understanding of SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Management experience
- Experience managing projects with the Force.com platform
Compensation & Benefits
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), commensurate with experience and cost of living.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.