Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise and certified B Corporation, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
As a Mobile QA Engineer, you’ll be a key member of a growing team during an exciting time of ideation and innovation. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who has a deep understanding of Mobile testing and automation frameworks, is a clear communicator across international and cross functional teams, and who is passionate about working on edtech products. This is an exciting opportunity to make a direct, tangible impact on PROMISE3’s trajectory to transform the holistic learning environment in 1,000 schools across 10 countries.
- Be responsible for the quality and stability of the PROMISE3 application during different stages of the development lifecycle
- Oversee running regression test plans on Android before every release
- Leverage emulators and different Android devices to comprehensively test across different screen size and device specs
- Analyze error trends to identify patterns and root cause systemic issues
- Review any new Functional Requirements and prepare Test Plans
- Review any Regression Testing scope and create Automation Test Plans for automation candidates
- Implement Automation Frameworks to scale end to end QA testing under the guidance of
- Implement and execute Component/Integration tests using standard Test Frameworks
- Work cross-functionally with teams to provide quick, real-time feedback of issues and their resolution
- Clearly communicate newly found issues and see them through to resolution and closure
Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years professional experience testing, preferably with Android apps
- Experience maintaining and updating test plans/test suites in a fast paced feature changing environment
- Experience in various phases like Functional, Regression, System Integration Testing and UAT
- Programming or scripting experience
- Strong written and verbal communication across multiple channels of communication
- Proven experience of working effectively with different teams across multiple geographies
- Experience in Automation Testing with tools like Appium, Espresso, Selenium, Cucumber, QTP/UFT etc.
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence
- Experience testing features that are being A/B tested
- Interest in social service work or international development
- Product company experience
Growth Opportunities at Vera
There are several growth paths that we envision a Mobile QA Engineer can transition into depending on their interest and skill set. Below are the growth paths that we foresee:
- Sr QA Engineer
- Salesforce Platform Exposure
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.