Senior DevOps Engineer
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be part of a growing Development/Products team . The Senior DevOps Engineer will be an active contributor to the design and implementation of new features in Vera’s products, Amp Impact and Many2Many.
The Senior DevOps Engineer should bring a desire to learn new technologies and processes, and an eagerness to develop new skills. Our team members have a strong work ethic, are driven to think for themselves, work independently, and balance multiple tasks.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will join a team of passionate individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group, and we emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism. Vera is a rapidly growing company; we encourage all team members to push their own boundaries and drive the company in new directions.
- Support the engineering team to by developing CI/CD automations and tooling
- Proactively research Salesforce DevOps best practices to ensure Vera engineering is at the leading edge of Salesforce CI/CD best practices
- Follow and contribute to internal best practices, commit to improving upon and learning new skills, and keep up-to-date with industry trends and developments
- Work closely with Engineering team-members to improve/automate repetitive and inefficient processes
- Support the consulting team in developing repeatable solution delivery pipelines
- Training and mentoring junior staff
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant degree in Computer Engineering/Com. Science/BSc. I.T.
- 4+ years of professional experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Foundations in the following:◦ Salesforce CI/CD tools: Either Cumulus CI, MetaDeploy, MetaCI, sfdx, or Gearset.◦ Source Control: BitBucket, Github
◦ CI/CD: CircleCI, Jenkins◦ Testing Frameworks: Robot, Jest
- Strong understanding of CI/CD concepts
- Demonstrated success working in a team, self-management and proactive communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Excellent organizational skills and a passion for fine details
- Diligent work ethic and proven ability to work with drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
- Insatiable desire to improve skills and knowledge of self and others
- Fluent English language skills
- Experience with cloud DevOps (Azure DevOps, AWS Devops)
- Previous experience with DevOps for Salesforce AppExchange package development
- Interest in social service work or international development
Growth Opportunities at Vera:
There are several growth paths that we envision a Senior DevOps Engineer can transition into depending on their interest and skill set. Below are the growth paths that we foresee:
- DevOps Manager
- Technical Architect
Compensation & Benefits
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), commensurate with experience and cost of living.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.