VP of Finance
- Develop and implement financial strategies to support the growth and sustainability of the organization
- Analyze operations to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, or elimination
- Manage return on investment across Vera’s initiatives
- Identify opportunities for expansion into new product areas or business lines
- Identify, evaluate, and execute potential merger and acquisition (M&A) opportunities that align with Vera’s growth objectives
- Support CEO with investor relations
- Research and support continued evolution of Vera’s compensation model
- Oversee investment of funds and works with investors and bankers to raise additional capital required for expansion
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable
- Manage and maximize cash flow
- Reporting and compliance:
- Direct the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports
- Maximize tax efficiency across Vera’s five operating countries through transfer pricing, relevant tax credits and government programs, effective entity management
- Support internal and external audits
- Ensure compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in all financial reporting and disclosure activities
- Oversee the budgeting and forecasting processes, ensuring that they are accurate and up-to-date
- Compare sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; make or oversee any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets
- Study long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in sales and market share
- Ensure compliance with accounting regulations and reporting requirements
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures to ensure best practices, audit compliance, and efficient operations
- Manage relationships with external partners, including auditors, banks, and other financial service providers
- Oversee management of external finance resources, including local accountants
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Finance or Accounting
- 10+ years experience in a finance management, senior finance position, or similar role
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP reporting standards
- Proven experience representing a company through the evaluation, negotiation, and execution of potential business opportunities that align with Vera’s growth objectives
- Trusted advisor to build relationships with potential financial institutions and business partners that can drive growth within Vera
- Experience in managing investment portfolios, analyzing investment opportunities, and optimizing returns
- Proven track record of successfully executing M&A transactions, including deal sourcing, due diligence, and valuation
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Experience leading diverse global financial consolidations in an accurate and timely manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage several priorities in a deadline driven environment, having comfort with ambiguity
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Data analysis and forecasting experience
- Experience working in a rapidly growing environment
- Strong financial analysis, modeling, and reporting skills
- Experience with NetSuite or similar software
- Expertise in accounting for a SaaS/products company
- Familiarity with local, state, federal, and international tax regulation
- Experience with managing international entities
- A CPA or CMA certification
- Passion for social and environmental impact and commitment to our BCorp mission
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- A deep understanding and practical application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing investment portfolios, analyzing investment opportunities, and optimizing returns
- Hands-on experience leading or supporting merger and acquisition transactions
- A forward-thinking mindset with the ability to develop and execute financial strategies aligned with Vera’s goals and objectives
- As a key member of the executive team, you must exhibit strong leadership qualities
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
How to Apply
While the job posting is open to all regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, we would particularly welcome applications from women and underrepresented racial or ethnic groups.
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.