We are seeking a talented Accountant to oversee the daily financial and accounting operations for our international organization. The Accountant will assist the Accounting Manager with managing budgets, invoices, expenses, taxes, and cash flow. You will also help with month and quarter close.
This role will allow you the opportunity to stretch and grow, gaining experience to the financial operations of a growing global company.
We’re looking for someone who demonstrates excellent attention to detail, communication, and time management skills, experience, problem-solving capabilities, and eagerness to learn. We want someone with a demonstrated ability to coordinate competing priorities with finesse, professionalism, and enthusiasm.
- Maintain up-to-date general ledger
- Reconcile and balance all accounts
- Reconcile NetSuite records to those maintained by external accountants
- Liaise with external accountants on payroll, statutory and compliance matters
- Process accounts payable and expense reports in NetSuite
- Monitors expenditure against budget for the Brazil subsidiary
- Liaises with the cash manager on cashflow planning for the Brazil office
- Processes payments and receipts in Netsuite
- Maintain internal control systems
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Review business transactions for proper supporting documentation
- Assist with audit schedules and inquiries
- Contribute to the month-end close and account reconciliations
- Process invoices to domestic and international clients on a timely and accurate basis
- Communicate with internal departments on billing issues to improve current processes
- Reconcile, research, and resolve billing variances when they arise
- Assist with payroll preparation
- Assist with budget preparation
- Maintain complete filing system to support financial records
- Ad Hoc Operations/Finance Support Projects
Qualifications and Experience
- A higher Diploma or bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years’ experience in accounting or finance
- Fluent in English and Portuguese
- Familiarity with GAAP principles
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Professional full-cycle accounts payable or accounts receivable experience
- Ability and comfort working in a dynamic team-based environment
- A detail-oriented focus
- A higher Diploma or bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Practical experience in using Netsuite or Salesforce
- Expertise in internal controls and technical accounting, particularly software license revenue recognition
- Familiarity with local, state, federal, and international tax regulation, especially for a Brazil company
- Experience with managing international entities
Compensation & Benefits
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), commensurate with experience and cost of living.
48 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.