Technical SEO Specialist (Independent Contractor)
Vera Solutions is seeking a skilled and experienced Technical SEO Independent Contractor to join our team on a project basis. As a Technical SEO, you will be responsible for managing all search engine optimization activities. The outcome of the project will be to implement search engine optimization strategies to improve the visibility and organic rankings of our website.
Your role will involve conducting technical audits, improving our website domain ranking, fixing technical SEO errors, performing ongoing keyword research including discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities, optimizing our website for mobile devices, and preparing reports on existing status, analysis and proposing further improvements.
The ideal candidate should possess a deep understanding of technical SEO best practices, possess excellent analytical skills, and have a proven track record of successfully optimizing websites for search engines. The successful candidate will work closely with Vera’s Marketing team to provide feedback on common SEO solutions, and analyze KPIs.
As an Independent Contractor, you will have the independence and freedom to explore creative solutions to drive impactful outcomes. The position is hybrid (our team goes into office 2 days/week), and the number of weekly hours worked will vary.
- Perform a technical audit of Vera’s website to identify areas for improvement (using various SEO analytics tools) and make recommendations for optimizing site structure, on-page elements, and performance
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to optimize copy and landing pages for search engines
- Improve Vera Solutions domain ranking (implement search engine optimization strategies to improve the visibility and organic rankings of our website)
- Perform keyword research to identify relevant keywords and phrases that will drive organic traffic and improve website rankings (Salesforce Consulting/Consultants, Salesforce for nonprofits, iNGOs, grantmaking, impact measurement, strategy and Frameworks, MEL, budgets/financials, risk management,etc.)
- Improve our website optimization for mobile devices
- Resolve any issues on Google Search Console
- Resolve all existing errors in particular:
○ hreflang conflicts/ language mismatches
○ Blocked external resources in robots.txt
○ URLs with a permanent redirect
- Collaborate with Vera’s Marketing team to provide feedback on common SEO solutions, and analyze KPIs
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords and organic traffic
- Identify issues impacting a site’s performance and providing recommendations for improvement
- Provide training to the Marketing team on technical SEO fixes on the website
- Conduct technical SEO audits with regular reports on findings, resolution progress, ongoing crawling status and analysis to make informed recommendations
Qualifications and Experience
- 2-3 years of proven experience working as a Technical SEO specialist or consultant, preferably in an agency or freelance capacity
- Experience working with SEO tools including Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Ahrefs, and Screaming Frog, SemRush, Majestic
- Experience working with popular CMS’ (e.g., WordPress and Elementor)
- Proven track record of improving site rankings and SEO
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.